almost refuse to come out of hiding when humans are nearby. This complicates things for our exterminators, which is why we utilize special techniques and tricks to drive the insects out of hiding. There is no doubt, bed bugs require the toughest infestation strategies in Cincinnati. The first step is to determine if you are actually dealing with an infestation. It is always a good idea to validate your beliefs before moving forward. You can do this with the help of pest control experts at our Cincinnati location.
are adamant about hiding away from humans. While the insects have no idea they are dealing with a full-blown infestation, they are smart enough to know when their hosts are sleeping. The human body generates carbon dioxide (CO2), which is detected by adult beds.
hide in bed frames, baseboards, carpet, upholstery, wallboards, and décor in hopes of remaining undetected. Keeping these in the back of your mind is highly recommended among all age groups.
Where Are Bed Bugs Hiding Places Located?
Bed bugs will hide just about anywhere as long as they are not in danger of detection. It is your job to drive the insects out of their hiding places. How is this possible? By heeding the tips provided below, you will be well on your way to getting rid of the bed bugs sharing your living space.
- Move your bed in the center of the room to make room for a bed bug CO2 trap. These devices are designed to generate carbon dioxide like a sleeping human. This is how bed bugs know when it is safe to feed. They will not come out of hiding as long as CO2 is not detected. Utilizing a CO2 trap will convince the insects to come out of hiding.
- The bed bug is not a nocturnal insect. But, it does exhibit nocturnal behavior, feeding at night and hiding away during the day. If possible, you should try to replicate the bed bug’s behavior by staying awake at night and sleeping during the daylight hours.
- Surround the CO2 traps with adhesive traps utilized to capture bed bugs as they emerge from their hiding places. Place the CO2 traps near suspicious areas for at least 15 minutes. This is plenty long enough to ensure the heat and CO2 permeates the surface of upholstery furniture.
- Utilizing a floor or clothes steamer, it is possible to fool bed bugs into thinking it is okay to emerge from hiding. Direct the front of the steamer toward black you.
- Wash your bed linen thoroughly at least bi-monthly. If signs of bed bugs are present, we highly suggest full washing and drying cycles. To eradicate bed bugs utilizing heat, temperatures must be over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place heaters on both sides of your bed to drive bed bugs out of hiding. These insects are drawn to warm temperatures, especially when the weather is cold outside. Turn the front of the heaters in the direction of suspicious areas.
How To Entice Bed Bugs To Leave Their Hiding Places Behind?
Bed bugs are not coming out of hiding unless they have a good reason to. With a bed bug detection machine, you can easily entice the insects to emerge from hiding. We suggest sitting the machine in bed bug-prone areas. Direct the front of the machine toward suspicious areas.
Just because you do not have a successful outcome, you should not give up immediately. Instead, we recommend continuing pushing back until the bed bug is fully prepared to leave its hiding place behind.